Monday, July 25, 2016

Route 66 Summerfest in Albuquerque New Mexico


 Route 66 of course begin or ending which ever ways you look at it) in Chicago and ran all the way to Los Angles California. Sharon and I have traveled much of this old Mother Road (as it is some times referred to) as well as visited many of the different Museums and other celebrations along the way. We really like the old neon signs, vintage hotels spread out from town to town along the Old 66 Route.

When we arrived here in Albuquerque they were having a "Route 66 Summerfest" This is a annual fest to celebrate the Old Mother Road Trail. As the trail blazed the west it become a bustling thoroughfare for Albuquerque, beginning in the 1930s.Their have been new improvements combined with vintage signage that guides one through 3 of Albuquerque historical neighborhoods and entertainments districts along Route 66: Old Town, Downtown and Nob Hill. 

As I am a car buff my main interest was some of the Old Restored cars that covered several blocks through Central Street in Nob Hill.

Central street blocked off for 4 blocks for the Route 66 Auto display
And Old bus that I thought was unique

57 Chevy in middle that I am partial to as I have had 3 of them

An Old VW pickup. We had not seem one before and though it was unique

49 Chevy pickup . I use to won one much like this one

56 Chevy

An Old car that we loved but I do not remember the make or year

Old Chevy Roaster,  I  believe in the range of 39

Ford Mustang

57 Chevy

49 Chevy like my dad use to own

66 Pontiac GTO. I  ordered a new one when I graduated from College 

I just like Old Roasters



The area where we attended the Summerfest
 
















1 comment:

  1. I love car shows. Route 66 runs through St. Louis so we also have Route 66 fests with car shows. I think my post name comes up at Terrence S, but this is Terry Shute.

    ReplyDelete